Todd has been a regional director for Cost Segregation Services, Inc. (CSSI) since 2009, and he works with clients nationwide to bring them the tax-saving and cash flow producing benefits of Cost Segregation. CSSI has been in business since 2001 and has completed over 15,000 Cost Segregation Studies in all 50 states.
On a top level, companies like CSSI perform a cost segregation study to identify and reclassify personal property assets. The goal is to shorten the depreciation time for taxation purposes, which reduces the hotel’s current income tax obligations.
The cool thing is, these guys will give you a free cost segregation analysis so you can make an informed decision before you spend a dime.
In This Episode, Todd Talks About:
- Cost segregation, what it is, the history behind it, and how it applies to the hotel industry.
- Who can benefit from it, from new builds, to acquisitions, to renovations.
- The process, how long it takes, and what level of involvement is required by the owner.
- The common concerns and misconceptions that owners have about it.
- Specific examples of the huge, 6-figure income tax savings hotels have received, and the relatively minor cost they incurred to realize this benefit.
Resources & Links
- Email: todd.strumpfer[at]costsegregationservices.com
- Direct: 507.206.3983
- Toll Free: 888.303.4874
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …