Ruth K Ross led a successful career as a strategic human resources executive with top FORTUNE 100 companies for 30 years before she went on to start her own company in San Francisco to focus on the critical intersection where people and process fuse together in organizations. A thought leader on engagement, Ruth’s work with C-suite executives, middle management and service professionals validated her belief that disengagement is robbing people of their passions and cutting deeply into corporate profitability.
Ruth is an author, a speaker, and a consultant, and she is amazing!
In This Episode, Ruth Talks About:
- What it means to be engaged.
- The differences between a job, a career, and a calling.
- The cost of disengagement to both companies and individuals.
- Diagnosing disengagement; what the warning signs and underlying causes are.
- Several practical, low cost ways to engage your employees.
- What to do if you realize that YOU’RE disengaged, and how you can reignite your life and refuel your career.
The cost of this disengagement is staggering. According to the Gallup Organization, the value of lost productivity is costing businesses in the U.S. $500 billion annually.
Ruth offers simple, effective ways to foster engagement which can create a better culture within your organization and ultimately increase your profitability, not to mention improve lives as well.
Resources & Links
- Ruth’s Book – COMING ALIVE: The Journey to Reengage Your Life and Career
1150 Union Street, Suite 406
San Francisco, CA 94109
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …