Jeffery Tobias Halter is a corporate gender strategist. The country’s leading expert on engaging men to advance women, Jeffery is the President of YWomen, a strategic consulting company. The former Director of Diversity Strategy of The Coca-Cola Company, Jeffery has worked with leading companies including McDonald’s, Deloitte, Publicis Groupe, GE and more. Jeffery’s latest book WHY WOMEN, The Leadership Imperative to Advancing Women and Engaging Men, is the first business book written by a man on how companies can advance women to enhance the company. A highly sought-after speaker, Jeffery is a TEDx speaker and frequently talks at industry and corporate events.
In This Episode, Jeffrey Talks About:
- How he got started in the work of being an advocate for women in the workplace, and what it means to be a gender strategist.
- His new book – WHY WOMEN, The Leadership Imperative to Advancing Women and Engaging Men, and the incredible response it’s had so far.
- Why advancing women is critical to business and the future of the US economy.
- Male gender fatigue, and male cultural norms, which by default become corporate culture norms.
- Several actionable ways men can improve women’s advancement and retention in their workplace.
- Gender pay equity and the difference in pay for women compared to pay for men.
- Fathers of daughters, and the awesome responsibility they have to become advocates for women.
- His Father of Daughter Initiative where men can pledge to demonstrate their commitment to advancing women in the workplace. It’s a simple PDF you can print, sign and display at work, to demonstrate that female colleagues can approach you as a coach, mentor, sponsor and concerned father.
Resources & Links
- Jeffrey’s TEDx Talk – Wanted: Male Engagement!
- The Father of Daughter Initiative
- WHY WOMEN, The Leadership Imperative to Advancing Women and Engaging Men
- Selling to Men, Selling to Women
320 Thorndale Court
Roswell, GA 30075
Tel: (678) 313-3163
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …