Dawn is President and CEO of PHD Hospitality, a full service asset management, design and development company based in Scottsdale, AZ. In just 10 years, PHD has operated, owned or managed a portfolio of up to 23 properties under management in 11 states.
Prior to launching the PHD Hospitality brand in 2006, Dawn spent the majority of her career climbing the ranks within Hilton Hotels Corporation, across the country, from Focused Service to Full Service and capping off her tenure as Vice President of Brand Management for Hilton Garden Inn.
In This Episode, Dawn Talks About:
- The recession that began less than three years after she formed PHD, and the incredible actions she took during those challenging times that are still paying off today.
- Integrity, walking the talk, and doing what you say you’re going to do. And, when you don’t, owning it.
- Transparency, being honest and building trust, and why admitting faults and mistakes makes it safe for your team to do the same.
- Culture and employee engagement – and she shares several actionable ways she connects with her team at the corporate and property level.
- Failing a thousand times, and creating the space and freedom to make mistakes and try new things. As Thomas J. Watson said, “If you want to succeed, double your failure rate.”
- Being Cause in the matter, and doing everything with a purpose.
Dawn and her team prepared a download exclusively for the Lodging Leaders community. Her guide “Leadership by Moxie: 7 Strategies of an Effective Leader” is a great supplement to this interview … and it’s FREE.
Resources & Links
- Mobile: (310) 990-8302
Kierland Executive Center
7025 E Greenway Parkway Suite 200
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
Phone: (602) 714-2442
Fax: (480) 905-6930
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …