Jared is a co-founder and currently serves as the Chief Operating Officer of HotelTonight, the on-demand hotel booking app. Prior to HotelTonight, Jared led partner development and served on the founding executive team at online video production and distribution pioneer TurnHere.
Jared previously worked at online travel agency Orbitz, serving on the launch team for the hotel product and eventually taking over as General Manager of the company’s Lodging.com brand. He has a BA from the University of Texas at Austin, and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
In This Episode, Jared Talks About …
- The inspiration behind HotelTonight, and how he and co-founder Sam Shank saw some of the same issues and same needs, and blended their complimentary hotel and consumer experience to solve them.
- The two types of customers they have; hotels and travelers, and he describes their ideal customer for each.
- The process, and what you can expect when you sign up.
- The relationship between HotelTonight and your hotel’s reservation system, the many options hotels have to utilize their platform, and how that ultimately translates into an actual booking.
- How HotelTonight is different from the big players (Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, and Travelocity) … and how they’re able to compete with them.
- HotelTonight’s unique features, like geolocation, that not only enables travelers to find hotels near them, but also allows hotels to market to a travelers based on a specific set of criteria, e.g. near the hotel or from a particular geographic region.
Booking windows are getting shorter and increasingly happening on mobile devices.
If you want to reach the ever-growing number of guests who are choosing to be more spontaneous about their decisions, I encourage you to give HotelTonight a test drive and see if this is a good option for you.
Special Offer – $25 Off
HotelTonight Created a Promotion Specifically for the Lodging Leaders Community.
If you want to see what the HotelTonight experience is like from the consumer side, they created a promo code specifically for the lodging leaders community.
First time bookers can get $25 off using the promo code with a $135 min spend.
Resources & Links
- HotelTonight Website
- Email: hotels[at]hoteltonight.com
- Download the app from Apple App Store
- Download the app from Google Play
- HotelTonight on Facebook
- HotelTonight on Twitter
- HotelTonight on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …