Toral Desai, Psy.D. is a Principal at ghSMART, where she serves private equity and Fortune 500 clients in the areas of management assessment, talent planning and organizational change initiatives. She focuses on identifying an organization’s strategic objectives to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
Prior to joining ghSMART, Toral was at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, where she partnered with the executive team to ensure business goals for the brand were supported by sound talent management strategies, particularly in the areas of leadership development, learning frameworks, and employer marketing. Before her role at The Ritz-Carlton, Toral led change management initiatives within the finance division of Marriott International.
Toral earned her Doctorate in Psychology and her MBA from Widener University. She was awarded a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of North Carolina.
In This Episode, We Talk About
- Your company Mission – HOW you will get to where you want to be
- Your Vision – WHERE you want to be
- Your Culture – the beliefs and behaviors that determine how your employees and management interact and handle outside business
- Getting clear on your WHY – why you do what you do (your purpose), because people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- Change management, what it is, and why hoteliers should care about it.
- 3 key principles of change management and how to apply them to hotels, including preparing for and building a commitment to change, communication and training, and sustaining the momentum and the change.
- The potholes leaders run into when implementing changes, and the best way to avoid them.
- The critical elements of success, including the ghSMART PWR framework – having the right priorities in place, having the right people in critical roles, and having solid relationships.
Toral prepared a FREE download exclusively for the Lodging Leaders community. Her guide, 10 Principles of Change Management, provides a set of practices and guidelines to help leaders effectively execute initiatives that will require change. To get the most out of this episode, download the guide.
Resources & Links
- Email: tdesai[at]ghsmart.com
Toral Desai, Psy.D.
ghSMART & Company, Inc.
3455 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Office: +1 678-424-1700
- This episode is sponsored by Vertical Booking USA
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …