David has been working with Simon Sinek, a world-renowned thought leader and author of the book, Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, since 2009, and he speaks and facilitates workshops inspired by Simon’s simple, yet powerful message. David travels internationally, helping people shift their perceptions about the reason their organizations really exist, what leadership is, and how human biology plays into it all.
Everything David does is designed to propel people to be a little more than they were yesterday.
In This Episode, David Reveals
- What it means to start with why, and why that’s important.
- The difference between manipulation vs. inspiration, and how manipulations can lead to transactions, not loyalty.
- The concept of The Golden Circle – imagine a bullseye where the outer circle represents the what, the inner circle is the how, and the bullseye is the why.
- Every company in the world knows what they do. i.e., they can describe their product or service.
- Some companies know how they do what they do. They know how they’re different i.e. A unique selling point.
- Very few companies know why they do what they do.
- The idea that normal companies communicate to their customers from the outside in and then have some call to action, e.g. this is what we do, and this is how we do it.
- That inspiring companies start with why, that the ‘why’ engages us emotionally while the ‘what’ and ‘how’ serve as the evidence of the belief.
- How human biology play into it all.
David offered to share a 16-page presentation on the Golden Circle designed for people who want to share the idea with others.
And, if you’d like to get the Publisher version that includes the slides and presenter notes, send me an email.
Imagine a world where nearly everyone wakes up each day inspired to go to work at your hotel, feels safe and valued while they are there, and returns home at the end of each day fulfilled – feeling as though they are contributing toward something greater than themselves.
Now imagine the experience your guests will have with a team that feels this way.
It all starts with Why.
Resources & Links
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …