Marie S.A. Sorensen AIA NCARB LEED AP is the head of Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Sorensen Partners Architects & Planners, Inc. She is a Design and Technical Architect, Masterplanner, and Interior Designer with experience in hotels, restaurants, and recreational facilities. Sorensen Partners is a commercial firm, serving universities, K-12 educational facilities, corporations, institutions, and government – in addition to hospitality.
In This Episode, Marie Talks About
- The role of the architect, and the many kinds of specialists that can be involved in a major build or renovation.
- The process and who you should call first when considering a project.
- The qualities, skills and certifications you should look for in an architect and firm, and the right questions to ask to chose the right one.
- The costs, what’s included in the architecture fees, and how you can avoid scope creep.
- Mistakes that owners and developers make that can derail a project.
Marie put together a free download for the listeners – Four Decisions and Ten Questions to Ask When Working with an Architect – which goes even deeper into some of the content she shared in the interview.
Resources & Links
Sorensen Partners | Architects + Planners, Inc.
15 Remington St. #1
Cambridge, MA 02138
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …