Karen has served as HR Coordinator at a 300 room downtown, full-service Sheraton hotel. She relocated to a 296 unit, all suite airport hotel that she helped open as the HR Director. Following these assignments she served for a number of years as General Manager for a 108 room select service hotel and then a 125 room branded, mid-market property.
In This Episode, We Talk About
- The Welcome and On-boarding process, and how it was different from one property to another.
- How she helped make the First Day of the Welcome experience memorable for new associates.
- Orientation, initial training, and ongoing training.
- How to connect with your team.
- Managing by walking around.
- Supporting your team to set them up for success.
Resources & Links
- Mobile (615) 207-8967
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …