John J. Hogan, CHA CMHS CHE CHO is a career business professional and educator who has held senior leadership with responsibility in several organizations involving operational, academic and entrepreneurial enterprise. He has demonstrated competencies as a strong leader, relationship builder, problem solver and mentor and is frequently invited to speak at franchise meetings, management company and hospitality association industry events. He also acts as an expert witness in both research and testimony in hospitality industry related cases.
John is Co-Founder and Chief Learning Officer of HospitalityEducators.com, a hotel consulting resource for hospitality professionals focused on making hotels more profitable. And among other things, Hospitality Educators is the creator and facilitator of the AAHOA Leadership Gold CHO Program.
In This Episode, John Reveals
- The benefits of a strong training and development program, and how that can lead to higher employee retention.
- The first steps in evaluating your current training, how to identify the gaps, and how to address them.
- Various resources available to hotels, whether branded or independent, and ways you can find other great resources to round out your training.
- Some of the reasons that hotels miss the mark with training.
- The essentials of a successful training and development program.
Resources & Links
- John on LinkedIn
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …