Luis Fernandez, and his wife Yanin, own and operate two restaurants located in Historic Downtown Norcross, Georgia. In 2008, they opened their first restaurant, Mojitos Cuban American Bistro, offering authentic Cuban cuisine in a casual 50’s atmosphere. In 2014, they opened their second restaurant, The Crossing, in the more than a century old Norcross train depot. The casual, fine dining establishment offers steaks, chops, and a contemporary American menu. Both restaurants deliver amazing cuisine, great service, and quality live music.
Luis earned a Hospitality Administration/Management degree from Florida International University (FIU).
In This Episode, Luis Reveals
- The vision behind their first restaurant, Mojitos, and what it was like opening a new restaurant at the beginning of a recession.
- The shift from single to multi-restaurant ownership when they opened their second property, the Crossing.
- How he has formed so many strong relationships with his clientele, and how that has built customer loyalty.
- Why they have chosen NOT to advertise.
- How they have improved employee retention and take care of their associates.
Resources & Links
- Mojitos website
- Mojitos Facebook page
- Mojitos Facebook group
- Phone: (770) 441-2599
35 South Peachtree St
Norcross, GA 30071
- The Crossing website
- Phone: (678) 280-9081
40 South Peachtree St
Norcross, GA 30071
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …