Amanda is an entrepreneur, speaker and consultant who helps corporations develop strategies around attracting, retaining and engaging top millennial talent. She has spoken to Millennials over 800 times in the last 5 years. In fact, one group of college students dubbed her the “Millennial Translator” after speaking to them, so clearly she understands, and knows how to connect, with this generation.
In This Episode, We Talk About
- What a Millennial is, including the date range for when they were born, how old they are now, and some of the many names this generation has been given.
- Millennial characteristics, an not just the negative stereotypes you often hear, but some of the amazing strengths that they have to offer.
- Statistics – how many people make up this generation, their incredible buying power, how many are in the workforce now, and the rapid growth we can expect in the future.
- How companies can attract Millennials, and Amanda shares an amazing example of ways to leverage your current Millennial staff to attract others.
- How to connect with Millennials, how to engage them, and retain them.
Resources & Links
2897 North Druid Hills Rd NE, Ste 188
Atlanta, GA 30329
Mentioned in this Episode
- “The 7 Positive Qualities of Millennials That Can Help You Improve Your Business” – by Jim Moffatt, Chairman and CEO, Deloitte Consulting
- “Millennials Are Pretty Terrible, According To A Poll Of Millennials” – by Ariel Edwards-Levy, Staff Reporter and Polling Director, The Huffington Post
- Sto Corp Website
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …