Dr. Joseph Hegarty M.Ed., Ed. D is an educator, author, and international consultant. He has 35+ years experience as a professional manager with innovative organizations including, international and local hotels in management/proprietorship, a full academic career in professional vocational & higher education institutions, and as a published hospitality & culinary education researcher.
He holds a Doctoral Degree in Education from University of Sheffield. A Masters Degree in Education from Trinity College Dublin and a Diploma in Hotel Management from Shannon College of Hotel Management.
He is Past Treasurer/President/Chairman of EuroCHRIE 1996-2000; Director-at-Large CHRIE International 1999-2000; Past Vice-President Association Mondiale pour la Formation Hoteliere et Touristique (AMFORHT) 1998-2001; Fellow of the Irish Hotel and Catering Institute (1994); Lifetime member of International Institute for Quality and Ethics in Service and Tourism (IIQEST) (since 1992) and Member of the Board of Senior Associates at International Washington-based Tourism Policy, Forum (1989).
In This Episode, Joseph Reveals
- His hospitality journey as a second generation hotelier, and how he went from from managing hotels to teaching.
- Hospitality’s links to the social, the natural sciences, and to the arts.
- His passion for raising the status of culinary, gastronomy, and hospitality education, and his vision to have it recognized as a “proper academic discipline”.
- His passion for hospitality research and challenging the status quo.
Joseph Hegarty M.Ed
- Standing the Heat: Assuring Curriculum Quality in Culinary Arts and Gastronomy
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …