Joann V. Saucier, Ed.D. has 30 years experience in hospitality/tourism, government, education, and real estate management. She served as Director of Operations and Senior Regional Manager, ResortQuest, Destin, FL 1985–2005, and went on to serve as a Management Consultant for several companies and organizations, including the Greater New Orleans Hotel & Lodging Association.
Joann earned a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Social Studies Education from Dominican College, New Orleans, LA, a Masters of Education in Counseling from Loyola University, New Orleans, LA, and a Doctor of Education in Educational Psychology from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
In This Episode, Joann Reveals
- Her background in Educational Psychology and Adult Education, why she chose to get her Ph.D., and how that translated to a successful career in hospitality spanning nearly three decades.
- The importance of mentorship, and her experience as both mentee and mentor.
- Some of the mistakes managers make, and what you can do to avoid them.
- Her views on staffing, training, corporate culture, motivation and developing teams.
- Her philosophy that the most important investment you can make is in your people – your employees – and that it’s both a financial investment, and a psychological investment.
Joann is amazing. She really seems to get people, what’s important to them, how to support them and she genuinely wants to help. And, after talking with her for a couple of hours now, I can see clearly why people would seek her out as a mentor.
Resources & Links
Joann Saucier, Ed. D
Mentioned in this Episode
Connect with Jon Albano
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …