Ron Whitfield is an Executive General Manager with ResortQuest by Wyndham in Destin Florida. He earned his Associate of Arts Degree from the University of West Florida and a Bachelors of Science in Hospitality Administration from Florida State University with an emphasis in Resort and Club Management.
Ron has been in the Vacation Rental Industry for more than two decades. He has had a Community Association Management License for 22 years and has been a Real Estate Broker for 11 years.
Ron enjoys working to further the the vacation rental industry. He is passionate about improving the experience of guests of owners, team building, employee development and teaching and mentoring College Interns.
In This Episode, Ron Reveals
- His experience during the rapid growth of the Vacation Rental segment of the hospitality industry over the last 22 years.
- The volume of students the ResortQuest internship program has enriched over the years, and the benefits it has brought to the company.
- How he feels about mentorship, and his experience with Joann Saucier as his mentor.
- Why he got his Community Association Management License and Real Estate Sales License, and how they have helped him further his career.
- What he calls ‘Manager as Coach’ – connecting with your team, learning them as individuals, and helping them along their path to what they fit well in.
Resources & Links
- Phone: 850-428-2360
Connect with Jon Albano
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …