Rajiv Bhatia, M.S., CHA, CHE, CRME is CEO of FairBridge Hotels International, a promising franchise system with 43 properties providing an attractive alternative to legacy franchise models.
Prior to his appointment as CEO of FairBridge, Rajiv served as leader of the Knights Inn Brand of the Wyndham Hotel Group. Throughout the last decade he was responsible for brand operations, property openings, design and development, franchise services, quality assurance, training, development financing and marketing. During his tenure at Wyndham, Mr. Bhatia served as president of the company’s Villager brand from 2003 until it merged with the Knights Inn brand in September 2004. Prior to his role as brand president, from 1996 until 2003 Mr Bhatia supported the Hotel Group’s worldwide master licensing efforts for several Wyndham brands including Howard Johnson, Days Inn, and Super 8 while working across five continents and numerous international destinations.
Rajiv earned a bachelor of commerce degree from Delhi University in New Delhi, India, a bachelor’s degree in hotel and catering management from the Dublin College of Catering in Dublin, Ireland, and a bachelor’s degree in management from Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland, and a MS degree in Hospitality Management from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He is fluent in French, Hindi and Punjabi.
In This Episode, Rajiv Reveals
- What his childhood was like, how having a father as an Indian Diplomat led him to living in several countries and speaking 5 languages, and how that set him up for growth in his hospitality career.
- How he worked his way up the corporate ladder over his 20-years of service with Wyndham.
- His take on the disparity between the massive number of Indian-owned hotels in the US, and the small number of C-suite executives of Indian decent at the franchisors.
- What FairBridge hotels is about, why he made the switch from Wyndham, and how they plan to disrupt the industry.
- Why relationships are so important in business.
Resources & Links
- Rajiv on LinkedIn
FairBridge Hotels International, Inc.
- Corporate/Development: http://www.fairbridgehotels.com
- Consumer: http://fairbridgeinns.com
- LinkedIn Company Page
- Facebook Company Page
- Twitter page
- Phone: (877) 866-8090
Connect with Jon Albano
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …