Rocco is a passionate hotelier and energetic entrepreneur with a remarkable career of over 20 years. He studied hotel management at Westminster College in London and Cornell University in Singapore, and he has worked in some of the finest, world class properties in amazing destinations spanning three continents. He’s led pre-opening, rebranding, and repositioning projects, and he’s recognized as a turnaround expert.
In This Episode, Rocco Reveals
- Why the on-boarding process is important, and why so few companies get it right.
- What should be included in the induction and on-boarding process, beyond simply filling out necessary paperwork, and Rocco shares examples of how to make an amazing first impression with you new hires.
- What works best for initial training, and how training has evolved over the years.
- How rewards and recognition can improve employee retention.
- Why spending the time upfront to properly develop your associates can help you get the most value out of them, even if they’re only with you for a short term.
Resources & Links
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …