Miraj S. Patel, CHIA, CHO is a highly motivated young professional who is currently pursuing a B.S. in Hotel & Lodging Management at Johnson & Wales University. He is the President & CEO of Houston, TX based, Mirage Hospitality, and he has spoken at various business, educational, social and legislative conferences.
Miraj earned his Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA) and Certified Hotel Owner (CHO). For Miraj, passion and dedication are what pave the way towards his visions. He is determined to make an impact in the hospitality industry through innovations and creating unique ideas. Starting at an early age in the hospitality industry, he understands the business and continues to be energetic about learning. Prior to starting Mirage Hospitality with his family, Miraj spent four years interning with various companies in corporate Houston such as; LINN Energy, Salient Partners, Valencia Group and Arnold & Porter.
In This Episode, Miraj Reveals:
- His experience as a second generation hotelier and why he chose to pursue a career in Hospitality.
- Why continuous learning is important to him.
- Why he chose to become AAHOA’s youngest Lifetime member, his experience serving on an AAHOA Committee, and as a Millennial, why being involved in the association is important to him.
- Some of the ways Airbnb is impacting hoteliers, why he addressed the Miami City Council at a Planning and Zoning Meeting, and what changes are being made as a direct result of that meeting.
Resources & Links
Mentioned in this Episode
- AAHOA (The Asian American Hotel Owners Association)
- AHLEI – Certified Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA)
- AAHOA – Certified Hotel Owner (CHO) program
Miraj S. Patel
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …