Paul H. Ingebretsen is a paragon of the hospitality industry. Through a career spanning four decades mostly in Latin America, he rose through the corporate ranks from Dishwasher to President. Iconic five-star hotels and resorts on four continents have benefited from his results-oriented leadership, and his excellency has allowed Paul the opportunity to host and serve over 100 heads of state, Fortune 500 CEO´s and celebrities throughout his distinguished tenure.
In This Episode, Paul Reveals:
- How his leadership role as GM, Director of Operations, and CEO has changed over the years.
- His experience as a hotel owner and why he decided to sell.
- His thoughts on staffing, winnowing the pool of potential candidates and hiring for personality and cultural fit over experience.
- The importance of on-boarding, initial and ongoing training, and how he develops engaged teams.
- His favorite management books which have assisted him in his career.
Resources & Links
Paul’s Favorite Management Books
- The New One Minute Manager, by Ken Blanchard and M.D. Johnson Spencer
- The Oz Principle: Getting Results Through Individual and Organizational Accountability, by Roger Connors, Tom Smith, and Craig Hickman
- NOTE: Email Paul for his complete list of favorite management books
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …