Dee Ann is a business leader, best-selling author and speaker. She started her career at Chick-fil-A in 1985 as an administrator in the Human Resources department. Selected as Chick-fil-A’s first female officer in 2001, Dee Ann has led various areas of the business including Human Resources, Franchisee Selection, Culture, Learning and Development, Talent Management and Talent Acquisition. She currently serves as the Vice President of Enterprise Social Responsibility.
In 2015, Dee Ann’s first book, It’s My Pleasure, The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture was released and became a best-seller. She speaks all over the United States and internationally for both business and non-profit organizations on the topics of leading culture, talent selection and talent development among others. During her tenure at Chick-fil-A, the organization has grown from 319 restaurants with $161M in sales, to over 2100 restaurants in 46 states and the District of Columbia with annual sales of over $8 billion.
In This Episode, Dee Ann Reveals:
- Chick-fil-A’s “Three C’s” for selecting top talent, and why they hire for Character, Competency and Chemistry.
- The key elements of a compelling culture, and why Chick-fil-A has such a low voluntary turnover rate, both at the corporate offices, and at the franchise level.
- Their core principles, like being closed on Sundays, and the importance of getting better as they get bigger.
- Her best-selling book, “It’s My Pleasure: The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture” that goes even deeper into some of the content we discussed in the interview.
Resources & Links
Mentioned in this Episode
- Chick-fil-A website
- Dee Ann’s Book: It’s My Pleasure: The Impact of Extraordinary Talent and a Compelling Culture
Dee Ann Turner
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …