David Durko is Founder, CEO and Chief Compliance Officer of Security Validation, the Hospitality Industry’s leading Managed Security Provider.
Prior to founding Security Validation, David was responsible for navigating Wyndham through their data security challenges culminating in Wyndham’s first successful PCI Compliance Filing in 2010. David continued to work with Wyndham achieving compliance again in 2011. During this period David was responsible for Security Compliance and Management of Wyndham’s portfolio of more than 6,000 franchised / owned and managed properties.
Following Wyndham, David became the Senior Vice-President of Incident and Crisis Management for MasterCard Worldwide. In this role David worked with this Global Brand to assist merchants who were dealing with Data Security issues.
In This Episode, David Reveals:
- What PCI Compliance is, why some hoteliers are just now starting to address it, and who is responsible for it – the hotel or the brand.
- What EMV / Chip and Pin technology is, and how it relates to PCI Requirements for the property.
- Some of the recent high profile data breaches, including Sabre Synxis and IHG, and how the IHG Data compromise differs from what we have seen in the past.
- What you can do to protect your hotel, what kind of fees you can expect, and the ROI for that investment.
Resources & Links
- Email: david.durko[at]securityval.com
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …