Suresh Chawla was born in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, and moved with his parents (Dr. and Mrs. V.K. Chawla) and brother Dinesh to America in 1977.
He has worked with Chawla Hotels since they opened their first property in Greenwood, MS in 1989. He currently serves as President and CFO of Chawla Hotels, which owns 17 limited service hotels, and is currently developing the first Scion Hotel in Cleveland, MS.
Suresh earned a BBA in 1990 and an MBA in 1991 from Millsaps College in Jackson, MS.
In This Episode, Suresh Reveals:
- The challenges his father Dr. VK faced nearly 30 years ago when he built his very first property.
- His father’s desperate phone call to now President Donald Trump in the late 80’s, and how that conversation helped him get the financing he so desperately needed.
- Their current portfolio of 18 properties, including the world’s first Scion property currently under development, and the three conversions to the American Idea brand currently under way.
- How he feels about the risks of converting to two unproven brands, and why he feels confident that they will succeed.
- Their experience working with the Trump Organization, from first contact, to negotiations, to the official announcement of their partnership at Trump Towers this past June.
Resources & Links
- Asian Hospitality Magazine
- Trump Hotels Website
- Developer Information
- Email: email@example.com
- Chawla Hotels
- P.O. Box 1701 | Greenwood, MS 38930
- Phone: (662) 453-1822
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …