Last month, I featured Ron Whitfield and Dr. Kate Price-Howard, and we took a deep dive into How to Create an Awesome Internship Program. Click here to listen to that episode.
This is part two in the hospitality internship series.
Today’s guests are ResortQuest Interns Jordon Bonner, Nick Delaney, Allison Johnstone and Yaminah Cummings, and their Internship Advocates Ron Whitfield and Dr. Kate Price-Howard.
In This Episode, the Interns Reveal:
- How they learned about the internships, what attracted them to this opportunity, and whether the information provided was different from their expectations.
- What they learned during their internship experience, from job-specific training to hospitality mentoring, and they share what they liked most, and what was most challenging for them.
- Whether housing was an important factor, how it worked, how much they paid, and what they thought of the whole roommate situation.
- Their future plans, and one of the interns reveals their opportunity to transition to a full-time ResortQuest employee.
Resources & Links
- LL092 | Value-Added Amenities with Kate Price-Howard
- LL096 | Manager as Coach with Ron Whitfield
- LL119 | How to Create an Awesome Internship Program with Ron and Kate
Mentioned in this Episode
- Jordon on Facebook
- Yaminah on LinkedIn
- Nick on LinkedIn
- Allison on LinkedIn
- Ron on LinkedIn
- Phone: 850-428-2360
Dr. Kate Price-Howard
- Kate on LinkedIn
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …