Kayla Barrett Curry is President of Organization Impact, LLC and is a member of the Society of Human Resources Management, American Society of Training and Development, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, and the National Association of Professional Women.
She has over 25 years experience in both the corporate sector and non-profit market as Director of Organizational Strategy, Director of Human Resources and Director of Staff Development. Kayla’s experience allows her to walk alongside organizations to help them identify their people development needs, then helps them discover a hands-on approach that advances the organization’s vision. She is the author of “Leadership Shorts: Practical Tips When You Are at Wit’s End” and the Amazon #1 bestseller “The Complete Experience: Unlocking the Secrets of Online Reviews that Drive Customer Loyalty.” Kayla holds a B.S. and M.S. in Organizational Communication from Murray State University in Kentucky.
In This Episode, Kayla Reveals:
- Who she serves, why she decided to create her company, Organization Impact, and some of the emerging trends she is seeing in the world of talent strategy.
- Why setting the vision and mission for your company, creating an intentional culture, and getting super clear about what you’re looking for in a team is so important.
- Some of the way hoteliers can achieve higher employee retention and engagement.
- What you can do if you’re a discouraged leader … remember, a dead battery can’t charge another … so you have to get yourself out of that negative place and shift your mindset to focus on the positives.
Resources & Links
Kayla Barrett Curry
Organization Impact, LLC
- Leadership Shorts: Practical Tips When You Are At Wit’s End
- The Complete Experience: Unlocking the secrets of online reviews that drive customer loyalty
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …