Born and raised in Rhode Island, Holly began her hospitality journey at the age of 13 as a housekeeper. Like many hoteliers, she slowly worked her way up through the ranks. By the age of 30, she was managing a hotel, and by 33, she became the General Manager at a Hampton Inn. Today, Holly is a full time mom and chief educator at Lets Rock the Hotel.
In This Episode, Holly Reveals:
- Her favorite customer success story, and she shares a difficult guest situation and how she dealt with it.
- Some tips on how hotels can maximize their revenue strategies, what key metrics she looks at, and in her opinion, where the GM come into this picture.
- How hotels can gain more brand-loyal customers, even when the guests comes in via an OTA.
- Something she sees hotel managers and owners getting bogged down with that they could easily delegate, but choose not to.
- Her course, lets rock the hotel, which is a 9-module program for aspiring hotel general managers on how to effectively communicate, delegate and manage priorities to achieve management success.
Resources & Links
Lets Rock The Hotel
- tel: +1 650-466-8825
- FREE Download: 15 Must Ask Interview Questions When Hiring for Front Desk Agents
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …