As CEO and founder, TJ Person made OpenKey the leader in universal mobile key access technology. With more than 17 years of experience in technology, business management and marketing, TJ knows what it takes to make a company successful. He is known for both his strategic leadership and marketing innovation capabilities.
Under his leadership, OpenKey has partnered with the largest global BLE lock companies and successfully raised millions in strategic investments from some of the largest hotel management and ownership companies such as Ashford Hospitality Trust (NYSE MKT: AHT).
Prior to OpenKey, TJ was the founder and CEO of Koupon Media, the industry’s first one-time-use mobile coupon platform built for brands and agencies. In 2005, TJ co-founded Mango Mobile, a leading mobile marketing agency where he was responsible for global marketing strategy. Omnicom Group acquired the company in 2007 after record growth.
In This Episode, TJ Reveals:
- The vision behind OpenKey, the problem their solving and who they serve.
- The top things hotels should consider before moving to mobile locks, and why some hotels might opt to stay with traditional electronic door locks.
- How long the OpenKey check-in process takes, how secure it is, and what happens if the tech fails or the guest doesn’t wish to use it.
- Why it’s important for the door locks to integrate with other hotel systems, and how OpenKey integrates with a hotel’s ecosystem.
- The costs for their service.
Resources & Links
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. If you have some feedback you’d like to share, leave a note in the comment section below!If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Lodging Leaders Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They really do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And if you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s FREE. All it means is that you’ll automatically be notified when the next episode is released. There are options for subscribing on Apple and Android devices!
Until the next …